Licensed Estheticians: Job Overview
We are seeking highly-skilled and reliable licensed estheticians to join us at LuxeSkin Med Spa. In this position, you will play a key role in ensuring the most luxuriously relaxing and rejuvenating experience possible for our clients. Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work independently. Excellence in customer service is a must.
In addition to providing spa services, our estheticians are also responsible for selling our beauty and skincare products so sales experience is a plus.
Esthetician Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome clients and explain to them our list of products and services.
- Must be able to perform the following services:
- In-depth skin analysis
- Body treatments
- Lash extension certification a plus
- Suggest various upgrades such as the use of specialized skin care products.
- Conduct pre-and/or post-treatment consultations for clients with problem areas, advising how best to care for their skin.
- Includes detailed SOAP notes in spa software
- Cultivate a clientele of repeat customers by incentivizing their return with coupons and promotions.
- Attend all staff meetings and continuing education workshops.
- Help orient and train new staff.
Esthetician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent—Associate’s degree a plus.
- Current state esthetician’s license in good standing.
- Significant work experience as an esthetician or similar role.
- Full time and Part time availability, including weekends and evenings.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Skilled and knowledgeable regarding skin care products and cosmetics.
- Able to suggest and sell products based on specific needs.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize work.
Discretion / Independent Judgment
An Esthetician will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. An Esthetician must take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent sitting with some walking and standing
- Ability to lift 5 lbs.
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 15 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel, stoop or crouch repeatedly
- Primarily indoor work setting
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates